[Farmall] 1925 M/D 10-20

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 13:23:29 PST 2005

I have posted information to other groups and, I feel,
that some of you have already read about my situation.

Anyway....I have come into possession (in a weird way)
a McCormick Deering 10-20.  It was used to power a
pumping station and has been housed since time
immemorial.  Because of that, it is in outstanding
condition.  All of the tin is intact and the
"markings" are all clear and readable.  The wheels
(all steel...front/rear) turned and the machine has
been moved to a dry, solid building.

The engine is frozen to some extent...that extent has
yet to be determined.  I am interested in getting this
old soldier going once more.  I am in need of
help/advice all around, up to and including the
correct color.  I think that that vintage was of a
dark grayish-blue body with red wheels and fly wheel.
Is that right or not so much.

I would appreciate opinions as to how to go forward
with this spectacular find.  I also came across an 18"
flywheel diameter hit-n-miss in very good shape.

If anyone out there is interested in this story,
please shout back and, of course, thank you.

Jim Moran (Rochester, New York)
jrmoraninc at yahoo.com