[AT] re : hayride / accidents

Almost-Running Deere deereman1000 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 2 08:04:49 PST 2005

A couple of years ago my neighbor got hit by a guy who reached down to
answer his cell phone.  Both the tractor and grain wagon had flashing lights
and SMV signs.  It was broad dayligh.  Last I heard if you hit anything from
behind, it is your fault even if it is a slow moving car.  Let alone if you
are drunk.   In the area where I live there is increasing development but it
is not uncommon to see farm equipment on the roadmany people to not repect
it or provide sufficient clearence..........  Still not Ok to hit it because
it isn't moving to suit you.