[Farmall] Red Power Article On Cultivators

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Wed Nov 2 11:48:52 PST 2005

Folks,

For you guys that got the Red Power Mag just out, have a look at Jim Becker's article about the history of IH/Farmall cultivators over the years.  Great job, Jim.  It seems strange that in so many places, chemicals have thoroughly replaced the seemingly endless hours of chasing weeds down corn rows.  It was not my favorite farm job.  Am I the only one who wonders if we might someday switch back to mechanical cultivation?  Maybe a growing demand for organic meat and milk will bring back considerable use of cultivating iron, even when it is more labor intensive.

|_____/    \  ~ Chuck Bealke ~ bealke at airmail.net ~
( )       \__/             http://www.plowsong.com