[AJD] Pulling discussion

Don Shehi shehi at commspeed.net
Thu May 12 09:18:57 PDT 2005

Dean

We have few that I'm sure have a little help.  Some of the un-styled JD's,
the RPM is way to fast.  Most of tractors are stock.  We don't have any of
the professionals you talk about, at least that I know of.

If and when we ever get to having the professionals pulling, I agree it
would be nice to have the two categories.

On my 620LP and 630 running in low gear, running at about 1/2 throttle works
well.  They both spin out in low gear.

The only thing I have extra is on the 630, water in both rear tires. The
620LP does not have water in the rear tires.  The hitch on the 630 is around
20 inches, the 620LP is stock with the original drawbar turned over with the
offset up.  Our hitch height is what the national organization allows.

The sled chain is attached quite low and the chain is fairly short.  The
tracks vary a lot depending on where the pull is being held.  We have
anywhere from a good clay track to a track that has a lot of sand and
gravel.  They do try and keep them watered down.

Seems like it all boils down to how much weight one has on the rear tires
and if one has enough power to spin the tires.

Don Shehi
Arizona