[AJD] What a day - Galloping idle - Backfires

LeRoy Price lep at epix.net
Mon May 30 20:00:42 PDT 2005

Well Dee, the tractor has been sitting for months waiting for the carb, actually all winter.  Sixteen plus weeks so I wanted to get it on at give it a try.  The carb is acting much better then before sending it, much better.

I try to treat the gas but it might be the issue.  The other 2 started without issue but they were also run in the fall and the JD 40 wasn't.   So maybe I better empty it and put new in and order a set of points and condensor.  I should check the points anyway.

This one has been a problem child compared to the others.  My 40S seems to run whenever and it hasn't been overhauled like the 40W.  But I can't get the bucket on it to raise.  Haven't had time to fool with it but do run it.

LeRoy