[AT] New Massey-Harris Pacemaker

JAHaze at aol.com JAHaze at aol.com
Sun May 29 18:59:44 PDT 2005

Thanks LeRoy,

I was beginning to think that the list has evaporated.  I have so many
exciting things to share after the big auction yesterday.  I started tinkering with
the tractor today and got the valves freed up, removed most of the inspection
plates and discovered that there was no water in the oil, and only a little
water in the transmission housing, so I think this will be a fun project.  What
I need to know if what make/model should the carb and magneto be?  These are
the only parts missing.  The motors still stuck, but I'm going to keep working
on that. I'd like to get it to turn over before I put it in line with the rest
of the projects.  I just couldn't pass it up, with the full set of steel, and
nice rusty patina, it fit's in well with the rest of my collection.  This is
my first Massey-Harris.  Any collective wisdom from the list would be helpful.
 Does anybody else have one of these?

FWIW, I was shocked at how little most of the MH tractors brought at the
sale, if they would have been any other make, I bet they would have gone for twice
as much (good running tractors sold for 400-600 most of the day).  I kept my
hands in my pocket, but it was really, really hard.  Fortunately, I bought my
tractor rather early and got the buying urge out of my system.

Enjoy, Joe