[AJD] Installing Wico C Mag

LeRoy Price lep at epix.net
Sun May 29 09:17:41 PDT 2005

I'm going to try and re-install a rebuilt mag on my earlier 1947 B tomorrow but thought I'd ask a question first.

I was looking at the mag today and turning it clockwise which is free, normal I think.  Then turning it counterclockwise it catches a small protruding piece of metal.  If I recall right it should go so far in tension and release.  But it doesn't seem to release.

Soooo, I probably have it wrong.  So can anyone help?  Any install tips?

Also the top wire position on the mag does that normally go to the flywheel side of the tractor?

LeRoy