[AT] O/T anti virus software question

Cecil Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sat May 28 14:04:22 PDT 2005

	Thought I'd do an update on the free Grisoft AVG program
some of you recommended.

	I installed it on my new computer this afternoon. It went
in without a problem and worked out just fine. Not a large program
or very complicated either. I liked it as soon as I turned it on.
Had it scan my entire computer for viruses and it found none.

	I decided to install it on Lucille's computer while I was
at it and had it scan hers also. It found two Trojan Horse Backdoor
viruses that Norton has missed on that computer - and deleted them.
As I understand it, a Backdoor Trojan can be used to send spam to
others or to access the computer for other reasons. Made me glad I
took the time to put it on her computer too.

	The only little bitch I have with it is it would not let
me make a backup and recovery disc using the CD Writer drive on
either computer and insisted I use floppies - five of them. Seems
sort of old fashioned to me to insist on the use of a floppy drive.
Why floppy drives must have started going out of style almost six
months ago?  ;-(

	Anyhow, thanks for the tip, guys, and I think it will be
a welcome addition to both computers. Cheap too.

Cecil