[AT] O/T anti virus software question

Cecil Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Fri May 27 11:04:47 PDT 2005

	> Have you tried the free AVG anti-virus from Grisoft. I have used it for a
>> while on one of my computers and a friend has been using it for years.
>> Neither of us has had any virus's get through using it. Your mileage may
>> vary.
>>
>> http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php

	With all my friends recommending this I guess I am going to have
to give it a try. Believe me, Norton has done nothing to gain my loyalty
so far unless you call charging the limit and restricting the use of
their program "doing something". Now that I think about it, Norton has
not caught any viruses that I can think of in the past 3 or 4 years. All
the virus laden stuff has been weeded out by RoadRunner as every week or
so I get an email stripped of it's contents with the note it contained
a virus. So, maybe I'm just throwing my money away - hard earned money
too - or I should say "hardly earned" now as I am retired but still hard
to come by.

	Thanks again to all and I guess I will give this a try on my
notebook - being as it doesn't take up a lot of space and all.

Cecil