[AT] Ebay 10A combine price!!! was 'How many of these were there?'

Bob Seith seithr at denison.edu
Thu May 26 10:25:42 PDT 2005

Ouch!

When I previously said the engine was basically the one from the LA, I
was thinking it was a JD 12 combine. I didn't know there was a 10. If
it's earlier, it may well have an engine from a JD L. Early models of
the L had a small Hercules, while JD made their own engines for the
later ones.

Jim May at St. Olaf's College was an ATIS list member for a long time.
He is the real expert as to which parts fit what in the complicated
world of JD L & LA powerplants. But I haven't seen any postings from him
in years.

I got rid of my unrestored, non-running JD LA after I bought the Farmall
Cub.

Bob Seith