[AT] reducing noise on portable generator

ivan ivancou at alltel.net
Sun May 22 15:09:13 PDT 2005

George , so youre saying that I dont need to bring the boat for Portland ?
: )
 I've been working on the wife about doing the may swap meet for a couple
years . Since it falls on my birthday , but you've been married long enough
to know how that goes .
   On the exhaust stack ,  I thought I'd heard that before . Actually the
genset came with a big muffler ,but it was rusted really tight to the pipe .
I finally managed to get it off without cutting it and finally found an
adapter for the briggs . Then put a Quiet tone muffler on after that and you
could hear the valves chatter . So now to get a long piece of pipe for a
stack .    I could go over to the scrap yard and get a chunk , if I could
sneak in & out . I'm allowed free run of the place  24 - 7 ,but its just
that every time I go over I bring home twice as much stuff as I took in . I
need to get a picture of my latest find posted for the "bikers" in the group
.
Ivan