[AJD] Clean Bottoms Club

John Boehm rustyacres at yahoo.com
Sat May 21 17:52:03 PDT 2005

I have a bucket of old grease that I use to keep the
bottoms from rusting up after I use them. If I know
the plow will not be used for a few months, I
completely coat the shares and bottoms. I suppose
using grease is not as environmentally friendly as
plow paint, however, but it does work.

Just got back from the Heidrick Ag Museum's Family
Farm Festival. I plowed today with my JD 820 using
both my John Deere 5-12  trip plow and a friend's Case
4-16 hydraulic plow. Also with my JD 420 using a Case
2-14 trip plow. More plowing tomorrow, then grease
them up and put them away for the summer. Might do
some more plowing at one of our fall shows.

My advice on the one that is sticking is to keep using
it, even stopp to scrape off the sticking soil once in
a while. Eventually it should polish up and scour
properly.

John Boehm
Woodland, CA
Visit my web site at http://vintagetractors.com