[AT] Case 580

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Wed May 18 07:58:58 PDT 2005

In a message dated 5/18/2005 6:18:36 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
gwill at toast.net writes:
I'm not at
all confident  with a dealer's mechanics... a lesson I learned the expensive
way.

George I agree, in the old days one could find the best  mechanics at the
dealers but now I think they hire the cheapest person that will  work for them.
I took my Ford Ranger in to two dealers to get the clutch  fixed The  slave
cylinder was not working correctly and the clutch would  not fully release.
One dealer said I needed new syncros in the tranny and  the other said the
shifting forks were bent.
I took it to a local shop that  was recommended to me and the guy diagnosed
it while talking to me in the  parking lot.
Funny I told the dealers mechanics the same thing.
I'm not  all that happy with the type of mechanics we have here in Oregon,
one would  think that they would be better trained.

I bought a JD baler from my  neighbor a few years ago it made Banana bails
and he had the JD mechanic out  twice to fix it to no avail. I looked at the
book and it said to adjust the feed  to the higher setting, Viola it worked.
You would think that the  dealers Mechanic would have known that.

Well enough about poor mechanics  I've made a few mistakes myself over the
years.

Walt Davies
Cooper  Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361