[Steam-engine] Woolf Valve

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 05:43:03 PDT 2005

I met a fellow at steam school who explained that the
relationship between the crankshaft and the pivot on
the slide for the wooden block.  Apparently moving the
pivot up or down changes the timing.  I dont' see a
provision for adjustment of the pivot on my Huber.
When I repour the babbit I need to make sure that the
crank is in proper alignment to the pivot.  How do I
know when they are in the correct alignment?

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN