[AT] O/T diesel truck question

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Mon May 16 07:11:47 PDT 2005

In a message dated 5/16/2005 6:15:17 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
cmonson at hvc.rr.com writes:
I was looking at the  Banks Power website yesterday and
see that there is a kit for the 6.5 liter  diesel engine and was
wondering if anyone had tried it and had any comments  on it. It
doesn't look like much comes with it to me - a larger  exhaust
system, improved muffler, and a large air scoop air inlet to  the
engine plus some gauges and a new air filter. It doesn't promise
much  either except to get the engine on "boost" quicker - whatever
that means, and  up to 36 hp maximum expected power gain.

That's a pretty good gain for a  small engine like the 6.5 I wonder why one
would put a small engine in that  truck anyway. I would think that you might
look into getting a larger  engine.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361