[AT] Darke County, Ohio Shows, What to do?

David A. Laughead Jr. daljr at bright.net
Sun May 15 18:13:17 PDT 2005

The Darke County Shows are coming up the second weekend in July. In the past
The ATISers tended to go to the show at the fairgrounds. At this point in
time I am leaning towards attending the Steam Threshers show North of
Greenville. I am hoping to kinda "twist some arms" to get some other guys up
there with me. My dad will be camping there and I am planning to have my
camper there too. Hopefully I will have the 1970 Penncraft there for a butt
buggy! Dad should have his butt buggy there also, a 1973 Sears. Right now I
am not sure if he is bringing the Massey Pony or the JD H. The CA project is
on hold again to at least the beginning of next year. BIG surprise there huh
guys!

Here is a link to their website http://www.darkecountysteam.com/

They have added a pulling track this year for an antique tractor pull. Also
they mentioned some tractor games(tractor rodeo?) in their newsletter.

The show is good now...
But the show has the potential to be great in future years but they need
support now to make that happen. Their newsletter mentioned they are asking
for donations. Its a lot to ask I know, but they are asking for $50(or more)
for their 50th reunion and for the $50 you will receive a special 50 year
emblem to commemorate the event.
Donations can be sent to:
"50th year contribution"
P.O. Box 87
Greenville, Ohio 45331

To me its very sad that both shows are on the same weekend. But I hope we
can grow some support for the Steam Thresher guys and get more tractors out
there.

Begin' for support,
Dave Laughead
Arcanum, Ohio