[Farmall] 340 & 460 Fast Hitch swappable?

br549 at hemc.net br549 at hemc.net
Sun May 15 06:21:17 PDT 2005

I have a line on a 460 two point fast hitch (modified to work for 3
 point) and wondered if it would mount on my 340U. I currently have what
 I believe is called the three point industrial hitch and find mounting
 implements (esp. heavy ones) difficult at best. My dad had a 240 with
 the fast hitch and it was slick. My questions are: Is it going to fit
 (i.e. bolt on - my fabrication capabilities are very limited)? Will it
 be any better than my current setup? What would the 460 fast hitch be
 worth - I am told it is complete (it has hydraulics, rockshaft,
 *modified* three point lower adapers, etc.). Am I missing a "bigger
 picture" by wanting to swap this? Thanks in advance.