[AT] Late 1950s Case Tractors

John Boehm rustyacres at yahoo.com
Sat May 14 06:39:01 PDT 2005

WE have a Case 300 in the shop right now, don't
remember if it has the lights or not.  I got this one
from a farmer in Arbuckle up north of here who bought
it new. He used it mostly in his haying operation and
said he had a lot of good service from the tractor.
The engine runs fine, but there is a problem in the
clutch system. In addition to the normal clutch at the
flywheel, there is another clutch father back in the
torque tube, along with a high low range, all before
the transmission. I can't see why the second clutch
would be needed, but it looks complicated to work on
and parts availablity may be nonexistent. The tires,
sheet metal, and engine (gasoline) are all good, so
I'll probably try to sell it cheap as is.

There are not too many of the late 50's Cases up here
either. There were a lot of earlier Case VA series
sold here, however, VAC's, VAO's, VAI's, and the
occasional VAH. I  spent yesterday at our engine and
tractor show plowing with my VAO hooked up to a 2-14
Case Centennial plow.

John Boehm
Woodland, CA
Visit my web site at http://vintagetractors.com