[AT] IHC Baler "46"

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Fri May 13 10:41:38 PDT 2005

I have been working on my baler now for almost a  year trying to get it to
work correctly.  It would tie and cut on one side  but not the other it was
breaking the cord and all kinds of problems. I finally  took the needle out and
welded up the worn spot and then ground it out with my  saw sharpener it looked
pretty good but didn't help any.
Well back to the  drawing board, I looked at the whole thing starting with
needle placement found  that they were both dragging on the right side and the
left needle needed to be  lowered some.
this helped but it still would not tie and kept coming loose  on the left
side. the book said to tighten the string tention I was wondering  about why
because it seemed to be way to tight by now. I loosened the whole  thing up and
started over with just enough tention to hold the string with a  light pull
about 5 lb. worth.
The I started it up and tried again the first  one worked great both sided
tied perfect knots and the string was still there  waiting for the next one.
After 5 perfect little 1 ft. bails I decided I have  finally done it Now I just
have to wait for the grass to get ready to cut and  bale.

Both tractors the little Kubota and the Big Case LA are in good  shape and
ready to go I'm ready but the grass isn't. Well! only one more month  to go
can't hardly wait to get out and get started working the grass  hay.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503  623-0460