[Steam-engine] Valve Seat, too smooth...fitting

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 11:16:44 PDT 2005

As I was working on my fitting the valve to the seat
last night I paid special attention to the wider
flange on my valve.  It looks like it ws running with
the wide edge toward the crank.  Is this how your Case
is?  I let myself get a little confused by "front" &
"rear" because the cylinder is to the rear on a Huber.
>  I think that I have honed enough and now I will use
> prussian blue to see how well they fit and correct
> as
> needed.  You also make a good observation about the
> valve having longer edge on one side than the other.
Some engines have a wider face on one end
> as
> > my Little Case has. If I
> > remember right the wider side goes to the rear.

> > Ken Majeski, Ellsworth Wis. Case Steam Engine,
> > Rumely Oilpulls H, F, & R.
> > Website, Http://www.pressenter.com/~kmajeski/

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN