[AT] More John Deere 4020 questions

James Yost jnyost at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 04:55:12 PDT 2005

Ken,

The later 6600 combines used a 404. If I was going to
re-power my 1971 4020 that I want to re-power some day
and install a sound guard cab on I would use a 466 out
of a 7720 combine. When changing these engines out
make sure you get the proper flywheel. The gas
tractors do not use the same flywheel as the diesels.
Using a combine engine you would need to use a
different oil pan if I thinking correctly. Very little
modification is needed.

Jim