[AT] John Deere 4020 making strange noise

Cecil Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed May 11 04:11:11 PDT 2005

> It's hard to remember to turn the stupid thing off when I go into a
> public meeting.  It is NOT cool to have a cell phone go off in the
> middle of a funeral.  What was even more disgusting was when the lady (a
> blonde, no less) answered the thing and proceeded to hold a conversation
> in competition to the eulogies.
>
> Larry

	Cell phones have certainly changed things. My wife and I have
had our own cell phones for almost 20 years. Started with the bag phones
that required a heavy battery and progressed to Internet capable camera
phones with GPS features so you are never lost. We did a telephone list
over the weekend for the family and in counting the cell phones on the
list, I came up with 31 cell phone numbers in addition to the home phone
numbers. Also interesting was in looking at our tenant's phone numbers,
half of them no longer have wired phones at all and have only their cell
phones. I can't speak for the entire family but as far as Lucille and I
are concerned, we do not use our cell phones in public places.

	I was in a Chemo treatment room briefly in a  cancer treatment
wing at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in NYC last week and was
surprised to see the number of people being treated who were using cell
phones during the treatment.

Cecil