[AT] Spring

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Tue May 10 09:47:01 PDT 2005

Last Wednesday It was no longer Jack Frost but Herb and Barbara Metz came
for a nice visit. Gave Herb a tour of the vegetable production areas and
explained to him how the Drip Irrigation system works and gave him some
small samples of the T-Tape.

Barbara spent some of the morning in the Greenhouse and bought a couple of
flats of flowers.  My wife Billie took her to the patch and let her pick
some Strawberries for her to enjoy while traveling.

My friend Joe Determan and I went to the Gathering of the Orange held at the
Pawnee Oklahoma steam show. There we saw all the sights including the
parking of a Case steamer on the steep ramp.  They do this without the use
of brakes since the steam engines are not equipped.  This maneuver is
accomplished by clever manipulation of the engine controls allowing steam
pressure to be adjusted so that the vertical load is just balanced by the
input power. Called Herb and met with him for more quality visiting.  Also
ran into Bill Hinkle a neighbor and former list member.

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA