[Farmall] Steel wheels and rubber

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Sun May 8 13:35:30 PDT 2005

Randy,  About 1992 my nephew and I put rubber on the steel wheels of the
Case CC I have.  I had some steel rolled to make road rim---about four
inches wide with a two inch or so lip and I took the lugs off the steel
wheels.   I made some "L" shaped connects to connect from the steel wheel
to the lip of the road rim.   We put the road rim on and welded the seam
where the two ends connnected.  We then glued a rubber tire piece (do not
recall how many tires we used) onto the road rim.  After the glue dried,
we took a sharp knife cut off the excess...and did put a few bolts on it
for further holding.   I cannot say I have driven the CC much but I have
pulled a 12 foot dump rake behind it for a couple of hours and even made a
few trips to the field a full manure spreader.   Thirteen years later the
rubber is still on the road rims and straight  It has always sat inside
since so not subject to rain or outside temperature extremes, such as from
direct sun.  Offhand, I cannot remember what kind of glue we used.

Hope this is helpful.

Larry

Larry Hardesty
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240
308-865-8535
308-865-8722 fax
hardestyll at unk.edu

"benmoyer moyer" <firepoliceco20 at hotmail.com>
Sent by: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
05/06/2005 01:47 PM
Please respond to
Farmall/IHC mailing list <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>

farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com
cc

Subject
RE: [Farmall] Steel wheels and rubber

>From: "Randy Lacey" <randy.lacey at ansys.com>
>To: <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>
>Subject: [Farmall] Steel wheels and rubber
>Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 08:46:37 -0400
>
>Any one has any experience or has put rubber cut outs on a set of steel
>wheels for traction? I would like to do this with my 10-20.
>

>Randy Lacey
>
>Sr. Network Administrator
>
>ANSYS, Inc
>

>  email:  Randy.lacey at ansys.com
>
>Voice:  724-514-2912
>
>Fax:     724-514-3117
>
>cell:     724-986-2292
>
>Pager:  724-986-2292 / page-rcl at ansys.com
>
>USPS: 275 Technology Drive Canonsburg, PA 15317
>
>Yes a friend of mine did this to his 10-20 took tractor tires that were
>about 40 percent
He cut them about an inch past where the tread stopped layed them out flat

for about 2 days so they would lose their tendency to be curved took a
small
air grinder and recessed the heads of the bolts I belive he used grade 5
bolts washer top and bottom including a lockwasher he used 7/16th bolts
told
me he should have used 1/2 inch.