[AT] Nuts n Bolts, bolts mostly...

Matthew matthewx at dogod.com
Sun May 8 04:30:55 PDT 2005

Not too unusual, I had a bolt rattle out of mu Case yesterday.  It was not
a size I had on hand so it was off to ag-trac.  After three trips I had a
workable solution.

Now when I say it was not a size that I have on hand, I mean a length,
I had bolts with the right diameter and thread pitch.  This got me to
thinking, why (short of it is less expensive) don't they thread bolts
all te way down to the head on larger sizes?  Heck, if they did that
I could go down and for $2.75 a pound or what ave you pick up a bunch
of bolts from 1/4" to 1" that are 6" long and be done with it.  I am
sure it would hurtmy scottish side to cut a a 1" diameter bolt that is
6" long down to 1" long, but once you factor in gas and what not I am
pretty sure you would still come out ahead.  And I suspect my creative
side would find a use for the 5" hunk of threaded rod left over.

So, what is so bad about bolts being threaded all the way to the head?

--Matthew