[AT] Tobacco transplanting time

Guy Fay fayguyma at execpc.com
Thu May 5 06:47:40 PDT 2005

Just Peachy, Dave.

Here in Southern Wisconsin, the program operated at a profit to the
government. It basically was a way of limiting production to what the
market needed, and unifying the growers for more negotiating power with
Big Tobbacco. The bad part of the old way was the allotments, which
resulted in big land rents being collected by folks who owned the
allotments.

The new way puts all the power into the tobacco company hands- they
decide who grows how much. Yeah, the high land rents are gone. However,
the tobbacco companies are the most dishonest companies in America, and
there has already been major abuse of the power that they have been
given- the northern group of growers in Wisconsin have been completely
shut down- the companies have completely ignored those guys. 150 years
of growing down the tubes.

Dave, it sounds like you've bought the typical line of BS about
government programs that's spouted by the company PR guys trying to make
more bucks for their bosses. I'd suggest researching the facts before
telling folks they're in the same category as crack whores. Think a little.

Guy Fay