[AT] sorta OT JC Penny Penncraft mower

David A. Laughead Jr. daljr at bright.net
Mon May 2 17:33:23 PDT 2005

Out in the barn we have a JC Penny's Penncraft mower. I would guess my grand
parents bought it in the late 60's early 70's. Anyone else seen or have one
of these. If I remember right it runs. I have mowed with it years back. I am
thinking of restoreing this. I am guessing it was made by MTD. It has an 8hp
Briggs&Stratton on it. I have a front mount blade I might put on it instead
of the mower deck. Could be something a lil different at a show.  Anyone
happen to have an idea of a paint code? Its Silver, Greenish Silvery, and
White. The decals don't seem to be too bad.

Thanks for and thoughts
Dave Laughead