[Farmall] 340 Utility Loader and other 340 stuff

Lane Freeman lmfree at ptd.net
Sun Mar 13 16:43:52 PST 2005

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the info, that loader came off a 240U.  I made the assumption it
may fit a 340U since the 240 and 340 are similar in size and shape.  I never
thought about the rear axles on either the 340 are different and the Super C
series are the same as the 240.  I never made the connection that this
loader might fit a Super C but I'm sure your right.  All the loaders I've
seen in this area on Super C's were just made out of welded pipe and very
straight.
I didn't get very much done on tractors this winter.  I moved must of the
outside rusty iron out into the field for auction in late fall(that's where
the loader is in the pictures).  February 1'st I was in a bad auto accident
and spent the next two weeks in the trauma unit. We've had several sizable
snow storms since that time and I've had to adapt to using the 340U and the
old FH McKee Blower. I was amazed at how that old 340 could move 8 to 10
inches of snow without missing a beat..

I was reading about the winter convention and it sounds like you guys had
some fun.  Maybe one of these years I'll be able to attend.

Lane Freeman
New Tripoli, PA