[Steam-engine] Moving an engine a long distance

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 06:32:04 PST 2005

That's a nice size engine not much harder to move than
a big tractor.  I've always had a thing for the big
ones (what guy doesn't?) but I can really appreciate
some advantages of the smaller rigs.  This is a
feature of my Huber 16.  I won't require a lowboy for
transport.  As was already stated, your smaller rig
opens up you options for hauling.  Weight won't be a
problem but be careful on height.  I don't know how
tall your engine is but a flat deck might not work
well.  Be sure to know all of your dimensions when
talking to movers.
--- George Erhart <gerhart at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> Rev,
>
> The Groton is between 10000 - 11000lbs dry. You can
> see pictures of it on my
> web site, but here is a direct line to one of the
> pictures:
> http://www.grotonengine.tzo.net/images/image001.jpg
>
> George Erhart
> http://www.grotonengine.tzo.net