[Steam-engine] Fw: Rivited boilers

Dan Donaldson ddonaldson at tampatank.com
Wed Mar 30 11:38:48 PST 2005

Lawrance,

    Are the boilers you built ASME stamped and are they all welded or are
they partially riveted construction?  If they are ASME code boilers were the
detail drawings stamped by the state inspector before or after fabrication?
Or were they not stamped at all?  Did the AI (ASME Inspetor) require hold
points during fabrication to check weld prep and fit up of parts?  I am
trying to get as much information as possible so that I may know what to
expect on my project.

Dan Donaldson