[AT] I need help on 3 pt

Clint D driggars at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 28 18:00:06 PST 2005

dfolske

Thank you for your input, I visited the shop mechanic today at the kubota Dealer.
we went over all that could be wrong

The trans will shift so he says it is not internal inside the tranny, whick leads
him to believe that the main relief valve is stuck open on a control block, which
he showed me where to check for it. It was where I never suspected it to be:-)
another clue for him was that the power steering also worked, which this pump is
actually two, one runs the steering
he says that other than that pressure relief valve all he could think of is the
pump went bad which he doubts

so, I pulled the block and pulled that relief valve, could not really tell if it
was stuck open, but I did have to use a small screw driver to get the little
poppet loose and started coming out, once it started it just fell on out. I
cleaned things up and reinstalled it and it would fall out OK if I turned it up
side down with just a slight bump. So I have my fingers crossed that that is the
problem, I had to take a lot of stuff loose to get to it, I also had removed the
pump, etc prior to me finding this valve checking things out, so I have some work
ahead of me before I can actually check it.

Clint

> Most modern tractors have pressure lubricated transmissions and rear ends. They
don't
> need hydraulic pressure to operate unless they have a power shift unit of some
kind but
> simply pump the oil to where it's needed like an engines oil pressure system.
some use
> separate pumps but some use the main hydraulic pump.
>
> If the system uses the main hydraulic pump for transmission lubrication there
could be another pressure relief valve or a bypass valve.
>  I've also seen an internal tube broken which allowed the full flow of the pump
to dump
> into the transmission with corresponding loss of pressure.
>
> I think some tractors use a flow divider valve to provide priority first to the
power steering,
> second to the lubrication system and third to the 3pt or remotes
>
> On 28 Mar 2005 at 12:37, Clint D wrot
>
> > > Clint,
> > >
> > > Does your hydraulic pump provide pressure lubrication for the
> > > transmisssion?
> > >
> > > Is it possible you have a transmission lubrication line unconnected inside
> > > the transmission and it's acting like an open pressure relief valve?
> >

> > This is interesting? how could I tell if it provides pressure lubrication to
the
> > trans?  as far as I can tell so far, this pump provides hyd. for the 3 PT,
Power