[AT] Knocking in T-Posts, lots and lots of em..

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Mar 28 11:58:10 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: George Willer <gwill at toast.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 9:13 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Knocking in T-Posts, lots and lots of em..

> Matthew,
>
> We've put up a lot of security fence for airshows and used down pressure
of
> the loader bucket to simply push them in

I use the same method as George with the exception that I have to first make
a "pilot" hole for the fence posts. And these are 3 to 4 inch diameter posts
that I use. In this soil type it won't work without first making a hole with
a crowbar. In dry conditions I also add water to the hole to help the posts
go in better. The front end loader bucket will do a good job and a lot
easier than my earlier methods of the hand powered post maul. That big heavy
hammer was a  good way to wear your arms out and split the top of perfectly
good fence posts.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/