[AT] Knocking in T-Posts, lots and lots of em..

Warren F. Smith WarrenSmith at PalmettoBuilders.net
Mon Mar 28 07:17:33 PST 2005

>>Has anybody else built a comtraption for knocking these thing
>>in?  It seems
>>silly to kill myself doing > 100 of em by hand.
>>
>>--Matthew

Our company was building a "riverwalk", which required driving a lot of 4x4
posts for pilings. We cut off a damaged jackhammer bit and welded a piece of
pipe, top plate and gussets to the stub end of the bit. We used it in a
jackhammer and it drove the pilings with no problem, using it's own weight.
Moving the scaffold through the swamp was more trouble than anything else.
(The 4x4's were 8-12' long to start).

You should be able to make such a contraption to fit an electric demo
hammer. Load a trailer with your posts and a small generator if necessary,
hook trailer to your favorite tractor, stand in the trailer to get the
leverage you need on the posts. Hardest part of that job will be getting on
and off the tractor!

Warren