[AT] Knocking in T-Posts, lots and lots of em..

dfolske at nccray.net dfolske at nccray.net
Mon Mar 28 07:03:53 PST 2005

On 28 Mar 2005 at 9:13, Matthew wrote:

> Spring is upon us here in the east and I have a project that requires knocking
> in lots and lots of T posts for 'lectric fence.
>
> I have one of those post drivers that is like a capped hunk of pipe with
> handles on the side.  With thick gloves on I can do maby 15 of them a day
> before my joints hurt from my wrists down.  We have a lot of rocks around
> here..

Some of the commercial drivers have a spring inside which helps cut
down on the fatigue and also reduces the impact to arms and shoulders
when hitting the post.

I have about 2 1/2 miles of fence to put in this spring but I'm hoping to
borrow the  neighbors hydraulic pounder. Some of it will be manual
pounding though because some of the areas are too wet to get a tractor
near. Pounding the posts in those areas will be easier than just getting
the posts to where they need to be.