[AT] ztr

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Mar 25 21:21:53 PST 2005

There's no doubt that you can mow faster with a ZTR mower.  Some of the
ZTR units will "mow" at better than 13 mph.  For some owners, getting
done faster is important, but if you have steep slopes to mow, don't
even think about a ZTR unit.  If you mow crosswise, you will loose
traction on the uphill wheel regardless of what you do to it, and mowing
uphill is not recommended.

Adding ag lugs or chains to the drive wheels will help, but even then
you can get hung up in a mud hole.  Ag tires and chains do throw mud
better than turf tires.  We used to get Grasshoppers into the shop with
mud packed solid under the fenders.

Larry