[Farmall] lets talk Farmalls

Ed crest25 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 25 20:33:44 PST 2005

Hi Rob,

I'm retired also now and ex-Navy but not retired Navy. I'm a former submarine sailor.
You're just a few miles North of me. I'm in Pinon Hills - next to Phelan which is west of Victorville in the upper desert. I'm building a big house there with a 5-car garage on 3.25 acres for my
29 Ford Woody
31 Ford Vicki
31 Ford Cpe
etc.
I'm a Frantz Oil Filter authorized distributor. Got one on any of your classics? You might recall they operate with a roll of TP as the filter element. I don't want to say much more than that so people won't think I'm spamming the list.

I just bought a 46 Farmall H this week with a disc. Runs like a top. Doesn't look like much. It's all one color and it aint red if you get my drift.

This week I played around pulling the disc trying to learn how to use it. I'd never make it as a farmer. Anyway, I got about one acre pretty much done trying to turn under grass and desert tumbleweed, etc. So far, so good.

You'll have to stop by if you ever get serious and come down the 395 into Hesperia or Victorville area. Then just go to hwy 18 and 138 and you're in my neck of the woods. I'm about 6 miles from Wrightwood ski resort turn off.

Enjoy your toys. I'm loving my new tractor interest. I need LOTS of knowledge. I'd love to find a post hole digger for it so I can build my fencing around my new place.

I'm also very involved every year with the Temecula Tractor Races in Temecula, CA. They've been having them for decades. I do the communications, security and inner track safety control for the non-profit event. It is held the first weekend of each October.

Best regards,

Ed Greany

Rob <69barracuda at mchsi.com> wrote:
Newbie Rob here...

I've got a deposit down on a '47 H w/ loader and box scraper. No heavy
work for this old girl...just some landscaping and fixing/maintaining
the 3/4 mile of county un-maintained dirt road. My wife and I now live
on 2.5 acres just outside Ridgecrest California...2.5 may not be much in
Farm counrty but this recently retired from the Navy city boy sure likes
it! My 4 yr old actually wants to be outside rather than camped out in
front of the idiot box

Looking forward to when my H gets here and I can pla...er...put 'er to work!

Rob

'69 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback 318 auto
'68 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback /6 auto
'69 Dart 270 4dr 360 auto
'04 PT Cruiser 4 mice on a treadmill
2003 GMC Savanah 3500 6.0 4spd auto