[AT] Super C Backhoe?

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Tue Mar 22 09:14:35 PST 2005

Mike,

I thought about Wagner loader but this one is quite different from the
Wagner that was on my Ford/Sherman/Wagner outfit.  Of course there must have
been many different models but my loader was a step through and the main
frame had a solid gusset... a good place to paint an identifying sign.

After re-bushing the hoe, replacing most hoses, adding new tires, and a
paint job I replaced the Ford with a Case machine.  I sold the complete Ford
outfit for $1200.  Times are achanging! (that was in 1968 and the outfit was
11 years old).

That Sherman hoe was pretty miserable to operate. It only had about 120
degree swing and the bucket could easily grab ahold of itself (stabilizers,
tires, boom cylinder) and the reach was very limited.  Did I forget to
mention that it was VERY slow?

George Willer