[AT] Off Topic - Very unusual - HS Basketball

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon Mar 21 21:31:50 PST 2005

Dudley:

Actually the current MOC-FV High School is a combined school of several
smaller towns now. My actual hometown Maurice is the M part of MOC-FV. My
hometown is only 250 population to this day. Same as it was when I left.
Don't even have an elementary or JR High in the town any more. When I was in
school we had all three in one building. The HS got moved a year after I
graduated. Yes, I did graduate from HS!  :-)

My little home town of 250 did make it to the State basketball tournament in
1953 when they didn't have the tournament broken down into sizes of schools.
We got beat by school that had 10 times more students we did at the time.
Our HS then was 45 students total - Freshman through Senior. At one time
during the game at the state tournament we had only two families represented
on the floor. Three brothers(Van Omeren) and two other brothers(Weirda). Now
that is small town stuff.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door