[AT] Green blood/Good tractor day

ken knierim wild1 at cpe-66-1-196-61.az.sprintbbd.net
Sun Mar 20 18:51:25 PST 2005

Somehow I think this is kinda on-topic. Last weekend my girlfriend and I
went to the Apache Junction (AZ) tractor show. This is the same show we
went to on our first date, 4 years back. Well, this time she decided she
liked a 1947 John Deere B we saw for sale. We finally had a chance to
meet with the guy today and drive it around a bit. She bought the
tractor (yes, it's hers!) and now I have a Green one parked in my yard.
Somewhat of a culture shock... I have a crawler, an 8N and 4 Case D's
but this is the first 2 cylinder on the place.

The other thing... she's a city gal and has never driven a tractor
before. Now I have to teach her how to drive with a hand-clutch. I sure
give her credit for taking the plunge though! We discussed that I can do
the mechanical work on the tractor. The painting, though, is going to be
a learning experience (if house painting is any indicator, I'll be
learning from her).

So now Kenny's singing something about girls and sexy tractors? :^)

Ken Knierim
Gilbert, AZ