[AJD] JD Plow bolts

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sat Mar 19 20:31:55 PST 2005

Does anyone have a close up picture of what the head of a JD No 100 Plow
bolt looks like?  They are used on the Syracuse bottoms.

I'm aware of the #3 & #7 plow bolts and what they look like. But I ran into
a plow bolt today that has me a bit puzzled. It looks a little like a #7
plow bolt except the indexing ridge extends the full height outside of the
head diameter where as on a #7 plow bolt the indexing ridge is tapered so
that the diameter of the head doesn't show the ridge.

Is it possible this is a no 100 plow bolt or if not what are these called?

I know that there is a common name for the #7 plow bolts type as being
bucket tooth plow bolts but I have seen references on the web that a bucket
tooth plow both has a tapered ridge and one that extends out side of the
diameter of the plow bolt head.

There must be a different name for this particular bolt.  Any help would be
appreciated.

BTW: I have captured a goodly quantity of NOS JD 3/8" diameter #7 roll
threaded hardened plow bolts, which are not made anymore in 3/8" diameter. I
have lengths from 1-1/4 to 2-1/2" in 1/4" increments. Most JD plow bottoms,
except Syracuse bottoms, prior to about 1955, used 3/8" #7 plow bolts on the
bottoms in 1-1/4", 1-1/2" & 1-3/4" lengths.

If you have a need for a few of these contact me off list. JD doesn't sell
them anymore and no company that I am aware of makes a #7 plow bolt less
than 5/8" in diameter any more.  Almost made from "unobtanium".

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com