[AT] Left or right combines?

dfolske at nccray.net dfolske at nccray.net
Fri Mar 18 06:53:58 PST 2005

On 18 Mar 2005 at 8:32, Indiana Robinson wrote:

> 	I seem to recall some combines having the "works" on the left and some on the right but
> can't recall which had them on the right. The Deere 12-A I grew up using had everything
> (cutter, canvas and cylinder) on the left and I'm sure the Allis 60 was on the left. I
> "think" the Case A was on the right but can't picture it in my head. I have the remains
> of one setting in my staging area to be sold as scrap but just can't form a picture. I
> don't recall which way IHC was. Anybody remember?

I don't know about the earliest IHC's but by the late 40's they were on
the right. I'm not sure about the model numbers but there are a couple
of IHC's near here that have Green Diamond flat head 6 cyl power units
on them. That is the same series of engines used in the K-5 and KB-5
trucks from 1941 to 1949.