[AJD] Adjusting Tappets

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Fri Mar 18 04:24:14 PST 2005

Gary,

You are on the right track.  Turn the flywheel till #1 cylinder is on
TDC, both valves closed.  Tighten your adjusting screw till your rocker
arm makes contact with the pushrod and valve stem.  Then back off 1/2
turn.  Then repeat the same for #2 cylinder.  You should be in good
shape then.  It is really hard to get feeler gauges up in the rockers on
a D.

Lou