[AT] Non-Smoking Novo

Dave Ernst dadadidi at cccomm.net
Thu Mar 17 06:48:03 PST 2005

On Ek mags, the bottom contact bar that opens when tripped should have a
definite "snap", or when you take if off take something like a 9/16 or 5/8
endwrench and place it over the magnet ends. Turn it upside down and see if
the magnets are strong enough to hold it. If so, the magnets are ok. A
magnet charger is nothing more that 2 coils wound in opposite directions
connected by the same wire. One end is grounded, then coiled around a metal
bar with a flat plate on top say counter clockwise for about 3 or 400 turns
then is turned clockwise around the other piece the same amount. These coils
are made stationary on a wood mounting plate about 4" apart. Remember this
is one continuous wire. Now hook up a battery charger or a battery to each
end of the wire. Now, with a compass you can determine which is north and
south. Do the same with the magnet you want to recharge and then place it on
top of the coils exactly OPPOSITE. ie; north to south. Turn on the charger
for no more that 10 seconds and tap the magnet with something (brass is what
I use) that is non-metallic 4 or 5 times. Repeat this procedure 5 or 6
times. Supposedly by rapping on the magnet while charging realigns the
molecules. More amps from the charger is better.
Hope this makes sense
Dave