[AT] Weighing feed ingredients

Farmerbeal at aol.com Farmerbeal at aol.com
Wed Mar 16 20:43:56 PST 2005

Ricky

They have load cells that go on mixers to weigh feed but they are high and
when I was useing them several years ago on feed trucks they lacked a lot.

 When I left  the feed mill and started mixing my own feed with a grinder
mixer I riged an old combine gravity  bin on a 1000# portabe scale and weighed my
ingrediants before I ground them. I augered the feed from the bins into the
bin and then had a short auger that fed it into the mill. I would set the
scales about 25 lbs short of what I wanted and when the scale beam came up, shut
the auger off and it was generaly about right.  If it was real critical you
could get it just right with a scoop. It worked real good and wasn't that much
more work.

Farmerbeal