[AJD] JD Model 52 Plow Question

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Wed Mar 16 11:06:05 PST 2005

LeRoy:

This isn't an easy question to answer. Most plow manuals don't reference the
bottoms used on them, but there are some of the older manuals which do such
as the model 51 & 52 manual but it doesn't list Syracuse bottoms. Also the
1942 Plow Repair Catalog has some references but it takes a while to
decipher the material.

To match plow points to moldboards requires the use of the earlier "Plow
Bottoms" Parts catalog PC 158 which doesn't reference a F1442 Moldboard but
does reference a 1442 Syracuse moldboard (three piece RH 12" bottom)

The shares that match with that moldboard all contain 1442 in their part
number as these are RH 12" shares.

The shares you have listed are all LH shares except for the last which is a
RH Share (1441) but it is for a 14" plow.

So from what best I can figure out none of the listed shares will match with
the 12" moldboard you referenced. There is a Repair catalog specifically for
Syracuse plows but I don't own one.

BTW, if the shares available are in good shape and reasonably priced I would
suggest capturing them as the older style shares are made from unobtanium.
None made anywhere, anymore that I am aware of.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com