[AJD] Rattle Can Paint

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Wed Mar 16 08:29:02 PST 2005

Mike,
	I know what you are looking for here, but the only answer is "JD
Classic Green" from the John Deere dealer if you want a perfect match.

	Grabbing a can at the local Farm & Fleet or TSC or whatever is often
handier.  Maybe cheaper, but I doubt it.  The shade of green is always
just a little off.  Not much.  Okay on a separate item that is being
painted, but off just enough that a touch up shows up.  I have a 1966
4020 with original paint.  It looks like classic green and it must have
been painted before the switch to the darker ag green. (I really do not
know when Deere changed)  I did some touch up on the frame where a
loader had been attached.  I used a spray can of  JD Classic Green I had
for painting the carb on my "A".  You cannot see where I painted.  It
all looks factory.  Surprised me!

Ron Cook
Salix, Ia

Ron Cook