[AJD] John Deere 650

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Mon Mar 14 22:09:40 PST 2005

Lyman, there is a discussion board for compact tractors which might
answer some questions for you.   >
http://jplan.com/cgi-bin/tractor/summary.pl

Try this URL and click on the John Deere board.  You can post as a
visitor.  They are a good group and have a wealth of information about
the smaller tractors.

Gary

lyman amsden wrote:
> Dean
>
> Thanks for your reply!
> Seems the 650 is smaller than I had hoped for, have not seen it yet, as
> I'm used to farming with a G I think I would be disappointed.
> Yes it is 4 wheel drive or front wheel assist, has a 4 ft loader on it ,
> also at this sale are other implements such as one bottom plow , mower
> and mulcher.
> I was hoping it would be bigger.
> The station is going great, would be a money maker if we weren't always
> buying so much. Averages around $2500 to $3000 per day.
> Would be a real moneymaker if gas prices were lower.
> Guess I'll go to the sale and see if I can buy the 650 at a reasonable
> price to allow me to buy some of the equipment also.
> Have been following some of the discussions on this list but as you know
> I'm not knowledgeable enough to add much to the discussion.
> Almost answered the one discussion about how dangerous it was to start a
> tractor from the ground while it was in gear and the operator was
> standing in front of the back wheel. Luckily my G seldom starts on the
> first pop but
> Did scare the heck out of me.
> Don't get much free time to work on my projects, but son bought me a
> 2004 one ton Duramax Diesel to use at the station which is some comfort,
> specially enjoy the heated seats and the SM radio.
> Also good to hear from you, and keep up the good work you do in advising
> guys like me about this old iron.
>
> Amsden, south by east Montana
>
> PS--- Am coming up on 79. slowing up some but can only blame it on
> laziness
> And not old age. Have free coffee and peanuts every day at the station
> if you ever get out this way.  Lyman

In the Ozark Mountains of South Central USA where both life and I move
at a leisurely pace.