[AT] sickle grinder

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Mon Mar 14 12:24:03 PST 2005

Well I have the box as it is, no top and I had to glue the board on one end
back together.  It had split into 2 pieces.  I don't know if the kit is
complete as I have no way of knowing what was supposed to be in it.

My grandmother kept all the old papers from her family and my oldest cousin
has them.  He was working hard on transcribing, photographing and preserving
them but his health is not great.  I think he turned it all over to one of
his sons.  The son is very interested in it but he is a young guy with a
family to raise so there is no telling what might happen.  The oldest and
most important of the letters (letters sent home from the civil war, etc.)
have been preserved and most of us cousins (if not all) have copies of them.
I think my mom has my copy.  I need to remember to get it back before
something happens to it.

Charlie