[AT] need a front axle for MM705

ken knierim wild1 at cpe-66-1-196-61.az.sprintbbd.net
Sun Mar 13 14:04:41 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 11:36, Ralph Goff wrote:
> Just working from memory I know some of the big Masseys were the same as a
> Minneapolis except for the sheet metal.. The 95 and 98 from the early
> sixties would be most likely a match. There used to be quite a few of them
> around here but getting a little scarce now. I'd imagine you could buy the
> whole (non-running) tractor for $300 at some of the farm auction sales up
> here.
>
> Ralph in Sask.
> http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/

The Massey 97 and I believe some of the 95's were built by Minneapolis
(the plate on the engine called it Motec Industries if I recall). The
Massey 98 we had was built by Oliver with a Detroit Diesel (3-71 I
believe). The 705 axle would be the same on the 97's unless it had the
front wheel assist (I think that equated to a 706, it's been awhile).
Dad still has the Massey 97 with front wheel assist around and there's a
705 up there with the teeth stripped off the bull gear; I could ask if
Dad wanted to get rid of it. They would be in eastern Montana; there
were a lot of them in that neck of the woods for a while. I think the
axles were the same as the G-VI. The later G-1000's I think were a
little different and the G-1000 Vista models I think were different
again.

We used the diesel versions of the 705's and 97's. Sure brings back
memories.