[AT] Q. for JD "experts"--or anyone--SOLVED!

JParks jkparks at flash.net
Sat Mar 12 06:37:01 PST 2005

Missing a hairline crack in a valve seat is at least understandable.  I'm
recovering from a pair of cylinder heads I bought from a dealer back east,
good used takeoffs, "checked" for cracks for an IH 817 engine.  One of them
had cracks that you could see from 10-15 feet away.  They gave me credit for
the cracked head of course, but it didn't help me with the sale I had
committed to based on the purchase of the heads.  It's going to cost me a
bundle for their error but I'll still ship what I committed to.  The
replacement head I found was much higher in cost so I'll "only" lose about
400 dollars on the transaction.  (There was supposed to have been a net
profit in there somewhere!!) Situations like this, which measure the value
of integrity, happen rarely and in the long run pay you back more than you
lost.  (rationalization required to avoid anger).

John Parks
Boise, ID